For the dressing:
• 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 2 tsp flaky sea salt
• 1 tsp pepper
For the salad:
• 2 large bunches of kale, stemmed and sliced finely
• 1 head of broccoli, cut into very thin florets
•2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
• 1 cup toasted pecans, crushed
1. In a small bowl, put the garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, flaky salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
2. Put the kale in a large bowl, then pour the dressing on top. Gently massage the dressing in to the kale leaves with your hands.
3. Add the broccoli and chickpeas, then toss well.
4. To serve, divide the salad among bowls, then top with large chunks of fresh ricotta. Sprinkle with toasted pecan nuts.